Event Attendee Policy
Event Attendee Policy
NolimitsSociety and its members host events around the world in a variety of formats. The following policy applies to all NolimitsSociety branded and “supported by NolimitsSociety” events. Other policies may apply and can be found on the knowledge base.
Registration and Membership Cards
At events where a membership card is provided, your membership card must be always visible. Spouses, friends, peers, etc. are not granted access to any event areas or events without a membership card. If you wish for anyone to accompany you to any of the events including meals, receptions, breaks or sessions, you must register them and pay the appropriate fees. Lost, misplaced, stolen, or forgotten membership card will incur a replacement fee equal to the current, on-site rate of your pass type. If your membership card was complimentary, the fee will be the current, on-site rate.
Some NolimitsSociety Events have attendee and participant fees. From time-to-time, NolimitsSociety may elect, at its sole discretion, to offer discounts for certain attendees. Discount Codes are not transferable and using one indicates that you qualify for the offer and its restrictions. Any attempt to defraud NolimitsSociety and its partners could result in the cancellation of your registration with no refund.
Since ticket sales are final, NolimitsSociety does not offer refunds. The sole exception to this policy is when an event or session is cancelled according to our Cancellation Policy. Regional events can use their discretion to make exceptions to this policy provided a sufficient budget.
Your attendance at NolimitsSociety Events and the information you provide to participate in such are governed by the Events Policy. Additionally, please note in most cases, your event registration information is also provided to sponsors to whom you allow your membership card to be scanned or business card collected. Attendees are under no obligation to have their credentials scanned or collected, but certain event sponsors may limit your eligibility for special event giveaways or offers. If you do not wish to share your registration information with event sponsors, please do not allow your credentials to be scanned or collected.
During event registration and related communications, NolimitsSociety may collect the following information:
- name and birthdate
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
NolimitsSociety events are open to the public, and NolimitsSociety does not restrict attendees (including NolimitsSociety staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) from taking photos or videos at our events. By attending our events, you acknowledge that you are in a public space and that attendees (including NolimitsSociety staff, volunteers, sponsors, and media) may capture your image in photos and videos. Nevertheless, NolimitsSociety encourages event attendees to exercise common sense and good judgment and respect the wishes of other attendees who do not wish to be photographed at the Events.
NolimitsSociety reserves the right to use images taken at conference and events with your photograph or likeness in future marketing materials.
Event Anti-Harassment Policy
Attendees, staff, sponsors, and exhibitors at NolimitsSociety Events shall together provide a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Additionally, participating in our events means you shall also adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Event participants who violate these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion, and actions such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Participants who are asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Exhibitors in the exhibitors area, sponsor or vendor areas, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take appropriate action, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of event staff immediately.
- Event staff will be available to help participants contact event security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.