Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Participation in NolimitsSociety is conditional upon individuals following the Code of Conduct, and as such, individuals agree to conduct themselves per the following Code of Conduct:
- Perform all professional activities and duties in accordance with all applicable laws and the highest ethical principles;
- Promote the implementation of and promote compliance with standards, procedures, controls for security;
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of proprietary or otherwise sensitive information encountered in the course of professional activities;
- Discharge professional responsibilities with diligence and honesty;
- Communicate openly and honestly;
- Refrain from any activities which might constitute a conflict of interest or otherwise damage the reputation of employers, members, NolimitsSociety’s brand, or the Community;
- Maintain and affirm our objectivity and independence;
- Reject inappropriate pressure from industry or others;
- Not intentionally injure or impugn the professional reputation or practice of members, partners, sponsors or employers;
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity;
- Not violate the NolimitsSociety trademarks, copyrights, or terms;
- Provide proper attribution to avoid plagiarism and copyright infringement, both within and outside of NolimitsSociety;
- Ensure work submitted to NolimitsSociety is entirely yours and not copied, whole or in part, without proper attribution or permission;
- Abide by all provisions in applicable NolimitsSociety organizational documents, agreements, and policies (i) requiring adherence to applicable export laws, including the export control rules and regulations of country you live in; or (ii) requiring adherence to the applicable antitrust and competition laws, including the antitrust rules and regulations of the country you live in.
- Not engage in any intimidating, harassment, discriminatory, abusive, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions (“harassment” includes, but is not limited to: Communication or conduct that a reasonable person in the individual’s circumstances would consider unwelcome, intimidating, hostile, threatening, violent, abusive or offensive, such communication may be related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, age, religion; it also includes stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention);
- Avoid relationships that impair — or may appear to impair — NolimitsSociety’s objectivity and independence; and
- Not engage in any illegal activities or commit violations of applicable law, including but not limited to the laws of the United States and its states or the European Union, that (i) could result or actually result in liability or harm to NolimitsSociety; or (ii) are related to your participation in NolimitsSociety, including use of NolimitsSociety merchandise and publications, sponsored activities; or (iii) are related to your use of our website (www.nolimitssociety.com).
The Chief Executive Director (CEO) can suspend participation in NolimitsSociety for 30 days for perceived or actual breaches of NolimitsSociety’s Code of Conduct or local law. Depending on the severity of the breach, the member or participant can accept the 30-day suspension, or in serious cases, the member or participant will be referred to the Crew Team for a decision regarding their ongoing participation or membership in NolimitsSociety.
For first time Code of Conduct breaches, where no violation of local law has occurred:
The member or participant can agree to comply with a temporary suspension imposed by the Chief Executive Director (CEO) of all NolimitsSociety’s participation for no more than 30 days. Membership will not be extended to cover the suspension.
For repeat or serious breaches of the Code of Conduct, or where a participant has been charged with a crime:
The Chief Executive Director (CEO) must suspend the member, refer the matter to the Crew Team, who will make an independent evaluation on if the Crew Team should strip leadership, revoke participation, or membership privileges. The period of suspension will remain in place until after the Crew Team votes on the matter.
If the Crew Team decides to take no action, full participation can resume immediately. If the participant is a member, their membership will be extended by the period of the suspension served.
Transparency and Oversight
To provide transparency and oversight of sanctions, the Chief Executive Director (CEO) will inform the Crew Team privately of the actions being taken under these sanctions, informing the Crew Team as required, and providing recommendations from the Crew Team to the scheduling of a vote as necessary.